Germany Speaks Up Against Military Intervention in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has stated that the civil war in Syria must be resolved with political means, opposing suggestions for international military intervention.
In a statement Sunday, Germany's government has supported Russia's position for a political and diplomatic solution, implicitly opposing a steeped up rhetoric by the US and Britain.
Western countries have sought a more active position after reports of a use of chemical weapons this week, allegedly by forces of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours