Germany Speaks Up Against Military Intervention in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has stated that the civil war in Syria must be resolved with political means, opposing suggestions for international military intervention.
In a statement Sunday, Germany's government has supported Russia's position for a political and diplomatic solution, implicitly opposing a steeped up rhetoric by the US and Britain.
Western countries have sought a more active position after reports of a use of chemical weapons this week, allegedly by forces of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Is ‘bright personality’ and Biden Is ‘career man’, According to Putin
- » European Parliament Proposed New Sanctions against Lukashenko’s Regime
- » NASA Boss Says US-Russian Cooperation in Space Should Continue
- » India Records World's Deadliest COVID-19 Day with over 6,000 Fatalities
- » EU Requires from Bulgaria to Improve Industrial Pollution Regulations and Taxation
- » Russia Bans Navalny's Organizations