Bulgarian Customs Agency Head Released from Hospital
Bulgarian Customs Agency head Vanyo Tanov has been released from hospital after surgery, local news agencies inform.
Tanov was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Military Medical Academy in Sofia back on August 11.
The Director of the Customs Agency spent 3 months at the Tokuda hospital in Sofia, where he underwent 4 operations, one of them for gallstone removal, but there were complications.
After he was taken to Tokuda in May, Tanov faced accusations by the ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) of hiding in order to avoid dismissal.
Finance Minister Petar Chobanov said he intended to replace Tanov back in July. However, the official's illness postponed the move.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend