Romanian Truck Driver Arrested over Deadly Crash in Bulgaria
A Romanian truck driver has been arrested for triggering a deadly chain crash on the Hemus highway in Bulgaria Monday, according to police reports.
The truck driver, who is believed to have fallen asleep or exceeded the speed limit, has been accused of causing the death of more then 1 person for which the law predicts a verdict of 3 to 15 years detention.
The chain crash occurred Monday morning at the Yana road junction near Sofia involving a TIR truck with a Romanian registration plate carrying oil, which bumped headlong into a number of cars which had slowed down, anticipating the traffic jam.
The chain car crash cancelled the official ceremony for the opening of theYana road junction connecting the Hemus Highway to Sofia Ring Road.
The crash took the life of two men at the age of 55 and 64 years. Five citizens , among whom an 11-year-old child, were injured and accommodated in hospitals in the Bulgarian capital Sofia
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search