Russian Tourists Said to Turn to Bulgaria amid Egypt Unrest
Bulgaria's tourism appears to be benefiting from the ongoing unrest in Egypt, as more and more Russian tourists are choosing it instead of the northern African country, according to media reports.
Russian daily newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda says Russian tour operators are redirecting a significant number of their clients to Bulgaria, Turkey and Tunis amid the crisis in Egypt.
Some 800 000 Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria by the end of 2013, according to a forecast made in January by Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuriy Isakov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Tourism Boasts 70% Growth This Summer
- » Public Trensport in Greece AccessibleOnly with Negative Coronavirus Test as of 13 September
- » Bus Driver of Sunny Beach – Sofia Route Fired After Falling Asleep Twice
- » US Travelers Face New Restrictions when Visiting EU
- » The Stories of Three Foreigners and Their Lives in Bulgaria
- » Greece Introduces Draconian Safety Measures for Unvaccinated Tourists