Bulgarian Fire Safety Dept Start Mass Inspections after LPG-related Blast
Regional units of Bulgaria's fire safety service are launching mass inspections at sites using or storing LPG after the explosion at the Chinese restaurant in downtown Sofia on Sunday evening.
The inspections will start from big bars and restaurants seating over 50 people, gas stations and sites selling LPG bottles, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television.
The inspectors will make sure that the construction permits, gas bottle safety rules, and fire safety rules are observed.
The investigation of the explosion at the Chinese restaurant on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd in Sofia continues.
A gas leak from a 28-litre LPG bottle is the main reason behind the explosion, which shook downtown Sofia at around 7.20 pm on Sunday, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
The indecent injured 11, one of which is in critical condition.
The prosecuting authority initiated pre-trial proceedings into the matter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia