Gas Bottle Triggered Sofia Restaurant Blast, Experts Confirm

Society | August 19, 2013, Monday // 19:10| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria: Gas Bottle Triggered Sofia Restaurant Blast, Experts Confirm Eleven people were injured when a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) canister exploded Sunday evening at a Chinese restaurant in central Sofia. Photo by BGNES

Experts have confirmed that the explosion at a Chinese restaurant in downtown Sofia that left 11 injured Sunday night has most probably been caused by a natural gas bottle, the interior ministry announced on Monday.

Teams conducted new inspection of the premises on Monday in a bid to reconstruct what happened.

Firefighters have retrieved 14 gas bottles from the restaurant.

11 people, including 2 passers by, have been injured by the blast, one of them still in critical condition Monday morning.

The explosion tore off parts of the facade of a building located right in Sofia's center, opposite the St. Nicholas Russian church on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd.

Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Tags: Chinese, Russian Church, explosion, blast, injured, Nikolay Nikolov, gas
Advertisement
Advertisement
Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Bulgaria news Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria