Gas Bottle Triggered Sofia Restaurant Blast, Experts Confirm
Experts have confirmed that the explosion at a Chinese restaurant in downtown Sofia that left 11 injured Sunday night has most probably been caused by a natural gas bottle, the interior ministry announced on Monday.
Teams conducted new inspection of the premises on Monday in a bid to reconstruct what happened.
Firefighters have retrieved 14 gas bottles from the restaurant.
11 people, including 2 passers by, have been injured by the blast, one of them still in critical condition Monday morning.
The explosion tore off parts of the facade of a building located right in Sofia's center, opposite the St. Nicholas Russian church on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd.
- » NHIF has Signed an Annex to Raise Prices on Some Clinical Pathways
- » Protests against Migrant Influx in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » By 2025 Between 10 and 15% of All Jobs Will Disappear
- » Severe Car Crash near the Sea Capital of Bulgaria - Varna - Two Women Died
- » There is no Information on an Increase in the Snakes Population in the Capital
- » Rain and Thunder in Western and Central Bulgaria in the Afternoon