Explosion Strikes Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Sofia
An explosion shook the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia shortly after 7pm on Sunday.
The accident left a number of people injured, with no reported deaths so far, according to private TV station Nova Tv.
Darik radio reports about nine injured.
There are 6 ambulances, six police and two firefighting trucks on the site and the area has been sealed off.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
According to Nova TV, the accident may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building facade.
Footage of Nova TV shows a fallen scaffold and several smashed cars.
- » World Beatles Day - June 25 - two weeks before the premiere of "Yesterday"
- » Triple Jump of Cancer Patients in Bulgaria for 37 Years
- » Cheaper Roaming for the Countries of the Western Balkans
- » Dual Food Quality: 9% of Food Products Are with the Same Packages but Different Content
- » Europe is Threatened by Temperature Records
- » A Bulgarian Opened Four Bulgarian Schools in Spain