Morsi Arrest Extended amid Bloody Egypt Crackdown
The arrest of deposed Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has been extended by 30 days Thursday, after overnight violence in Egypt claimed the lives of hundreds.
Authorities have also decided to extend the arrest of Islamist Freedom and Justice Party leader and former speaker of parliament Saad El-Katatni.
Both extensions are made in connection with an investigation of Morsi and El-Katatni's possible involvement in a conspiracy with Hamas.
Egypt has been flooded by massive street protests and bloody clashes between supporters of Morsi, on the one side, and opposers and law enforcement agencies, on the other.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Qween Elizabeth Has Infection and Is Set to Stay in Hospital
- » Man Admits Murdering the Maltese Journalist Caruana Galizia in Court
- » NASA Lands Rover and First-ever Helicopter on Mars
- » India Arrested Civil Activist Related to Greta Thunberg's Movement Fighting against Farming Reforms
- » Protests in Myanmar against the Coup Continues
- » Poland to Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions, but Lockdown Remains