Gunman Holds 2 Employees at Louisiana Bank
An armed man is holding two bank employees, a man and a woman, hostage inside a rural Louisiana bank.
The initial number of hostages was three, but the gunman released a female bank teller late Tuesday night after hours of negotiations with the police, according to reports of USA Today.
Two other bank officials, a man and a woman, are still being held by the gunman at the Tensas State Bank in St. Joseph, Louisiana, and are said to be unharmed and in good condition.
The hostage-taker seized three bank employees about 12:30 p.m. local time.
The suspect is a 20-year-old local man whose family owns a convenience store in Mississippi River town.
Negotiations with the gunman are still underway and there have been no reports of shots or violence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Day 339 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heaving Fighting for Vuhledar and Bakhmut
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority