Bulgarian Govt to Approve Launch of Makaza Border Crossing
Bulgaria's government is to adopt a decision on Wednesday on the opening of a new border crossing point on the Bulgarian-Greek border.
The Makaza border crossing will connect Bulgaria's cities of Haskovo and Kardzhali to Greece's Komotini and Alexandroupolis.
The border crossing point is part of cross-European Corridor #9, which connects Greece to Finland and Russia, according to reports of Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
The opening of the Makaza border crossing is expected to boost tourist trips between Bulgaria and Greece and to significantly alleviate traffic at the other border crossing points on the Bulgarian-Greek border.
At a regular sitting on Wednesday, Bulgaria's government is to also review a draft agreement with Greece on joint control of the new border crossing point.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Relations between Bulgaria and North Macedonia Worsened after Yesterday, 3 Bulgarians are Arrested
- » 151 Years since the birth of Gotse Delchev: Bulgarians are Blocked at the Border with North Macedonia for More than an Hour!
- » Bulgaria: How much will the April 2 Elections Cost?
- » Bulgaria’s President instructed the New Cabinet: Fight against Poverty
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » The Economist: Democracy in Bulgaria has the Worst Result in 16 years