Bulgarian Govt to Approve Launch of Makaza Border Crossing
Bulgaria's government is to adopt a decision on Wednesday on the opening of a new border crossing point on the Bulgarian-Greek border.
The Makaza border crossing will connect Bulgaria's cities of Haskovo and Kardzhali to Greece's Komotini and Alexandroupolis.
The border crossing point is part of cross-European Corridor #9, which connects Greece to Finland and Russia, according to reports of Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
The opening of the Makaza border crossing is expected to boost tourist trips between Bulgaria and Greece and to significantly alleviate traffic at the other border crossing points on the Bulgarian-Greek border.
At a regular sitting on Wednesday, Bulgaria's government is to also review a draft agreement with Greece on joint control of the new border crossing point.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: A Minister under Premier Borissov was Paid by a Drug Trafficker
- » Erdogan Cancelled his Decision to Declare Ambassadors of 10 Western Countries Persona Non Grata
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Sudan: Growing Fears of a Military Coup Occurring At the Moment
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » 2021 Elections: 2in1 Vote for Bulgarians Abroad - 760 Sections will be Opened in 68 Countries