Syrian Opposition Starts Convening 'National Army'
The Syrian opposition is about to start the formation of a national army that will accept volunteers, said opposition leader Ahmad Jarba Friday.
"The National Coalition together with the commandment of the Free Syrian Army is developing a strategy for the formaiton of a national army," said the chair of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces.
Jarba explained that volunteers are expected to come from the southern and northern parts of the country.
He added that opposition forces hope that the move will contribute to overcoming operational problems that the rebels are currently facing.
According to Jarba, the estimated initial size of the projected national opposition army will be about 6,000 men.
Syria has been torn for more than two years now by a bloody civil between rebels and the government of President Bashar Al-Assad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff