Bulgaria Mourns Tragic Death of 5 Coal Miners
Monday is a national day of national mourning in Bulgaria in honor of the four miners who were killed by a collapse in the Oranovo coal mine.
The bodies of two of the missing miners were found Friday, after a difficult 18-day search operation.
Miners Ivan Lazarov, 35, and Nikolay Mihaylov, 42, were trapped 450 meters below the surface underneath an avalanche of mud, rocks and water.
Two other miners, Asen Stoynev, 41, and Hristo Mladenov, 45, died in the collapse as well, but their bodies were discovered on the very same day.
A three day mourning was declared in the town of Simitli, Blagoevgrad region, near which the Oranovo mine is located.
On August 1, another worker suffered heart attack and passed away inside the collapsed Oranovo mine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians are Downloading 1000 COVID-19 “Green Certificates” Per Minute
- » Anti-Vaxers Attacked Bulgarian Education Minister Denkov
- » Sofia: Young Students to go Online from Monday, the Rest - from Tomorrow
- » Katsarov: Post-Covid with Antigen Test, Done in a Hospital or Laboratory, Gives a Green Certificate
- » Violate the Green Pass – 5 years in Prison and a Fine up to BGN 50,000
- » Today is the Last Day without a Mandatory "Green Certificate” in Bulgaria