Bulgaria Mourns Tragic Death of 5 Coal Miners
Monday is a national day of national mourning in Bulgaria in honor of the four miners who were killed by a collapse in the Oranovo coal mine.
The bodies of two of the missing miners were found Friday, after a difficult 18-day search operation.
Miners Ivan Lazarov, 35, and Nikolay Mihaylov, 42, were trapped 450 meters below the surface underneath an avalanche of mud, rocks and water.
Two other miners, Asen Stoynev, 41, and Hristo Mladenov, 45, died in the collapse as well, but their bodies were discovered on the very same day.
A three day mourning was declared in the town of Simitli, Blagoevgrad region, near which the Oranovo mine is located.
On August 1, another worker suffered heart attack and passed away inside the collapsed Oranovo mine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Here is Where You can get Vaccinated during the Weekend
- » Bulgaria Authorities Do Not Rule Out Lockdown in Case of Failure with the “Green Certificate”
- » COVID-19: Germany Declares Bulgaria and Croatia High-Risk Countries
- » Bulgarians who Had COVID, established by Antigen Test, can Download “Green Pass” on Monday
- » 89% of Intubated Patients with COVID-19 in Greece are Unvaccinated
- » WHO: Between 80,000 and 180,000 Medics have Lost the Battle with COVID-19