Bulgaria Mourns Tragic Death of 5 Coal Miners
Monday is a national day of national mourning in Bulgaria in honor of the four miners who were killed by a collapse in the Oranovo coal mine.
The bodies of two of the missing miners were found Friday, after a difficult 18-day search operation.
Miners Ivan Lazarov, 35, and Nikolay Mihaylov, 42, were trapped 450 meters below the surface underneath an avalanche of mud, rocks and water.
Two other miners, Asen Stoynev, 41, and Hristo Mladenov, 45, died in the collapse as well, but their bodies were discovered on the very same day.
A three day mourning was declared in the town of Simitli, Blagoevgrad region, near which the Oranovo mine is located.
On August 1, another worker suffered heart attack and passed away inside the collapsed Oranovo mine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Photos of Jackson Pollock's Painting that was Found in Bulgaria
- » Pollock's Painting, found in Bulgaria, was part of Ceausescu's Personal Collection
- » The Jackson Pollock Painting discovered in Bulgaria is an Original
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 166 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Dangerous Rain Showers in 8 Regions
- » The Growth of Food Prices in Bulgaria is Unreasonably High