Bulgarian Border Police Detain 29 Illegal Immigrants
Officers of the Regional Border Police Directorate in Elhovo have detained 29 illegal immigrants, including 28 Syrian nationals and an Iraqi national, on the territory of the southeast village of Valcha Polyana.
According to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry, the detainees include 9 men, 5 women, and 15 children, who lack identity documents.
The operation conducted on August 3 was assisted by three officials from Malta participating in the Frontex Joint Operation "Poseidon Land."
The adults have been detained at the facility for accommodation of detained persons at the Elhovo border police unit, while the women and children have been accommodated at the facility for mothers with children.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany