11 Schools in Bulgaria to Close in September, 34 others At Risk
A total of 11 schools in Bulgaria will be closed in September and some 34 other face the threat of closure, according to the Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union.
In 2008, over 300 schools in Bulgaria were closed, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Since then, the number of schools in the country has declined every year without exception.
The Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union has called for amending the terms for granting protected status to schools so as to avert the prospect of closure for 34 institutions by end-2013.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program