11 Schools in Bulgaria to Close in September, 34 others At Risk
A total of 11 schools in Bulgaria will be closed in September and some 34 other face the threat of closure, according to the Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union.
In 2008, over 300 schools in Bulgaria were closed, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Since then, the number of schools in the country has declined every year without exception.
The Bulgarian Teachers Trade Union has called for amending the terms for granting protected status to schools so as to avert the prospect of closure for 34 institutions by end-2013.
- » Shortage of Teachers in Bulgaria will Reach 10,000 in 2 Years, 39,000 in 8 Years
- » The Medical University in Sofia Received a Donation of over 1 Million Dollars
- » Additional BGN 13.6 Million Allocated for Compensation of Bulgarian Teaching Staff
- » Plovdiv will Create First Green Classrooms in Bulgaria as Part of Pilot Project
- » Anticorruption Education at Bulgarian Schools to be Expanded
- » Bulgarian Education Minister: Nearly BGN 1.5 Million will be Allocated for Innovation in 2019