US Closes 21 Embassies over Terror Threat
The US has decided to close Sunday 21 embassies and consulates across the globe and up security measures over information for looming terrorist threats.
US officials met in Washington Saturday evening to review the threat of terrorist attacks that led to the decision for the embassies' closure and to a global travel warning to Americans.
President Barack Obama has not attended the meeting, but receives regular briefings and updates on the situation and on any developments.
The decision came after the US reportedly intercepted al-Qaeda messages between senior figures talking about a plot against an embassy.
Meanwhile, Interpol issued a separate global security alert, citing jail breaks linked to al-Qaeda in nine countries.
The British and the German embassies in Sana, the capital of Yemen, are also closed for Sunday and Monday.
The British Foreign Office is "strongly urging" all Britons to leave Yemen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine