Thousands Gather in Traditional Bulgarian Bagpipe Festival
More than 15,000 people are estimated to have gathered in the tiny Gela village in Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains or the yearly bagpipe folklore festival.
People from across the country and Europe have flocked to the event, which includes a number of bagpipe contests.
Many the visitors traditionally stay overnight in Gela, neighboring villages or in the many campsites around, in order to take part in the second day of the feast Sunday.
Local authorities are reported to have created all facilities needed for the festival, including health services.
Visitors can buy and taste many traditional Bulgarian products, in particular ones characteristic of the Rhodope region, including herbs and works of traditional crafts.
- » Artists From Over 10 Countries Will Participate at the Festival ' Laboratory 180 °'
- » The Metropolitan Library Presents an Exhibition for 140 Years of the State Gazette
- » "Cinema Under the Stars" Begins Tonight with the Movie "Ága"
- » The Repair and Restoration of the Miniral Bath in Bankya Will Cost BGN 8 mln
- » Over 1300 Foreign Artists and Ballet Dancers Work in Bulgaria
- » European Awards For Cultural Heritage Await Nominations