Bulgarian Border Authorities Detain 20 Middle East Illegal Migrants
Bulgarian border authorities have detained 20 illegal migrants from the Middle East trying to enter the country from Turkey.
A group of 6 men without IDs on them, who said they are Palestinian citizens, were detained in the area of the Lesovo checkpoint.
Another group of 13 people, including men, women and children, who said they come from Syria, were detained later in a field nearby the Golyam Dervent village.
Two guest officers from Estonia took part in the patrol, as part of the Poseidon 2013 - Land Borders operation by FRONTEX.
In a separate incident, Bulgarian border officers detained a Turkish citizen with a valid ID, who had crossed in illegally.
- » Two Bulgarians under Surveillance for Coronavirus
- » Official: End of the Private Lotteries in Bulgaria
- » Container with Ionising Radiation above the Norm Identified at Varna Port
- » Bulgarians Mark the 147 Years since the Death of National hero Vasil Levski
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria May Delay its Bid to Adopt the Euro
- » European Commission to Invest €101.2 Million to Promote a Green and Climate-Neutral Europe