Iran Envoy to Bulgaria: Burgas Bus Bombing Might Have Benefited Israel
There is no reason for Hezbollah to be involved in the July 2012 Burgas bus bombing, according to Iran's ambassador to Bulgaria Abdullah Norouzi.
"Up to now, Hezbollah have shown very well how highly reasonable they are. They have no reasons for such an action," said Norouzi in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
At the same time, Norouzi suggested that the terrorist attack, which claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists and their Bulgarian driver, actually benefits Israel.
"We know that there are various terrorist organizations working in different countries, so that if this act is in Israel's favor, then we have to look who actually requested the attack," said the Iranian ambassador.
"This is a question that every reasonable member of the public must answer for his or herself," added he.
Norouzi further explained that Bulgaria's and EU's linking of Hezbollah to the Burgas bus bombing in no way whatsoever implicates Iran.
Bulgaria's government first spoke of a Hezbollah link in February.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats