Controversial Bulgarian MP Joins Parliamentary Ethics Committee
Lawmaker Aleksandar Metodiev, aka “Bat Sali”, has been appointed as member of the Bulgarian Parliament’s Committee on Religious Denominations and Parliamentary Ethics.
Metodiev is known as a Roma clan boss, allegedly involved in criminal activities such as vote buying, fraud, beatings and extortion. He was sworn in as lawmaker on July 19.
“I am Sali and I am a gypsy. Look at me, I am a gypsy and I am proud of my origin, and being a black gypsy does not make me a criminal” Metodiev said upon becoming an MP.
On Thursday, Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Lyitvi Mestan was appointed as member of the Education and Science committee.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria