Young Bulgarian Commits Suicide in Sofia College Town
A young Bulgarian man has apparently committed suicide in Studentski Grad (College Town) district in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
He has been identified as Teodor S., 23, a university student.
The body was discovered around 10:45 pm Wednesday evening in dorm 20 in the district.
The parents have been notified. Darik news reports he left a suicidal note.
Police are working on two main leads – broken heart and failed exam.
Sofia's College Town, where a large number of dormitories are located, is infamous for and frequently makes the news over binge drinking, fights, fatal incidents and prostitution rings.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria
What a tragedy. The students are treated like garbage in students city, and developers are opening endless hotels and disco's to further aggravate the problems there. The militia has only one patrol car at night, to manage an area of 70,000 people. It is crazy, if you call 112 , no one comes for hours, the police stay out of this area completely. Stores like Fantastico open huge facilities to sell nonstop alcohol, and they even make huge areas for people to smoke drugs and drink. It is chaos. No wonder why this poor kid killed himself. Sad