5.1 Quake Aegean Sea Quake Felt in S Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.1 points on the Righter scale has shaken the Aegean Sea at 8:33 am Tuesday morning.
The tremor was reported by the European Seismology Center.
The shock has been also felt on the southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
The epicenter was 316 km NE of Athens, Greece, and 40 km W of ?anakkale, Turkey. It had a depth of 5 km.
The National Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, has listed on its official site another shock, with a 3.5 magnitude, in the Dardanelles, occurring 10 minutes after the first one.
There are no reports of injuries or material damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm this Week