Horrific Bus Plunge in Italy Kills at least 37
A coach with pilgrims has plunged off an overpass in southern Italy leaving at least 37 people dead, according to local media.
There are children among the victims, the driver has been also pronounced dead.
At least 11 people (3 of them children) have been injured, some of them seriously, the Italian news agency Ansa, cited by the BBC, reported.
The coach was taking about 50 people, including children, back to Naples following a pilgrimage. It was traveling on highway A16 between Bari and Naples, near the city of Avellino, when it smashed through a guardrail on the overpass and dropped 30m.
The injured have been taken to hospitals in Avellino, Salerno and Nola.
The cause of the accident is not clear, but the initial lead points at faulty breaks.
34 of the bodies have been taken out from the remains of the bus, while the others flew out during the fall.
A16 between Bari and Naples is closed for traffic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia again Hit with Missiles many regions of Ukraine
- » EC: Bulgaria has ensured even better Protection of the EU External Borders than in the First Inspection
- » Day 285 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and the West react strongly against Macron’s statement on Russia
- » Von der Leyen: EU must adapt its Rules in response to US Subsidies
- » UK Economy to Shrink in 2023
- » Germany will buy 35 Fighter Jets from the US for $10.5 billion