Search for Missing Bulgarian Miners Drags On, Day 13
The rescue efforts for the lives of the two Bulgarian miners who have been trapped underground since July 16 is making slow progress on its 13th day.
They are making progress with 4 meters per day, with at least 16 m to go still.
The series of feeble earthquakes registered in the area near Simitli, southwestern Bulgaria, have not affected the work adversely.
The July 16 Oranovo mine collapse, believed to have been caused by groundwater, another small arthquake, and poor maintenance of the mine, has killed two other miners.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia’s Mayor Infected with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Queues for Quick Tests in Front of Restaurants in Sofia
- » Earthquake on the Island of Bali has Claimed Lives
- » Education Minister: I will Support a Green Certificate at Schools, if there is such a Decision
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken