Key Formerly Ruling Party Member Out of Bulgarian Parliament
Bulgaria’s parliament voted for the dismissal of Iskra Fidosova, a key lawmaker from opposition center-right GERB party.
Earlier this month Fidosova announced her decision to leave Parliament and quit her membership in the party’s executive committee.
Fidosova, who has noted that she would remain a member of the party, has explained that she wants to “clear her name” after allegations emerged that she secretly gave orders to Filip Zlatanov, Chair of Bulgaria's Commission on Prevention and Ascertainment of Conflict of Interest, during GERB’s term in power.
In a statement, Fidosova has maintained her innocence.
“In my work so far, I have been always guided by the law and I will not accept my name – or the name of the party – being abused,” she declared.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: GERB Returns Mandate, Fails to Form Government
- » Sofia Central Heating Company Wants 15-Percent Price Rise from July
- » Bulgaria: Prosecutor General Obliged to Report to Parliamentary Legal Committee Every Three Months
- » Parliament Imposed Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Cabinet
- » Bulgaria's New Parliament Votes Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Government
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister Insists That MPs Should Nominate New Reps for NOHQ