Fresh Rally in Bulgaria against Revoked US Extradition Case
Bulgarians are staging once again Thursday a rally in support of Gergana Chervenkova and for protecting human and civil rights of all fellow country people.
The protest is organized on social networks with calls for solidarity.
#?SAVEGERY is held Thursday morning in 17 cities in the country.
The one in Sofia takes place in the vicinity of the main courthouse.
At 9:30 am Thursday, the Sofia Appellate Court will hold a sitting on Chervenkova's extradition case.
On Tuesday, the US revoked its request for the extradition of Gergana Chervenkova, a Bulgarian mother of two, who was charged in a US court with illegal online drug sales and participating in a crime group specialized in money laundering.
"The United States has withdrawn its request for the extradition of Ms. Gergana Ilieva Pavlova Chervenkova, who is charged in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York with federal narcotics and fraud offenses," the US Embassy in Bulgaria said in a statement.
The revocation came on grounds of new information received by the US prosecution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 311 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well