Hopes Dwindle for Missing Bulgarian Miners in Deadly Collapse
Rescuers have taken a detour to avoid a dangerous section on the 9th day of looking for two miners who went missing in Bulgaria's Oranovo coal mines last week.
The collapse, believed to have been caused by groundwater, a feeble earthquake, and poor maintenance of the mine, has killed two other miners.
The rescue team have almost reached the place the two missing miners are presumed to be located.
But as the collapsed masses were judged to pose objective danger, an aiding expert team has decided that they dig a detouring additional gallery to avoid the sector.
The rescue work continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia’s Mayor Infected with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Queues for Quick Tests in Front of Restaurants in Sofia
- » Earthquake on the Island of Bali has Claimed Lives
- » Education Minister: I will Support a Green Certificate at Schools, if there is such a Decision
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken