EC Concerned with Street Unrest in Bulgaria
The European Commission is closely following the escalation of anti-government protests in Bulgaria, stated a spokesman Wednesday.
The statement comes after in Bulgarian capital Sofia riot police clashed with protesters, who blocked lawmakers in parliament overnight.
"The Commission is following with concern events in Bulgaria," stated EC spokesman Olivier Bailly.
Bailly emphasized that the EC fully respects the fact that the protests and the reaction of those in power is an internal matter for Bulgaria.
But he strongly called on all parties to use restraint.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria