Netanyahu Calls on EU to Blacklist Entire Hezbollah
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has welcomed the European Union’s decision to include Hezbollah’s military wing on its list of terrorist organizations.
However, Netanyahu has noted that Israel does not see any distinction between the organization's armed and political wings.
"As far as the State of Israel is concerned, Hezbollah is one organization, the arms of which are indistinguishable," Netanyahu said in a statement, according to The Jerusalem Post.
"I hope the decision will bring about significant steps against the organization."
He added that Hezbollah "has imposed terrorist rule on wide sections of Lebanon, has converted them into an Iranian protectorate and is stockpiling tens of thousands of rockets there. These have been placed in the heart of civilian populations and are designed to be fired at population centers in Israel."
EU's Foreign Affairs Council decided on Monday to put the armed wing of Hezbollah on the EU's list of terrorist organizations.
The decision comes one year after the July 18 tragic incident at the Sarafovo airport, which killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and the perpetrator of the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria