Israel Welcomes EU's Decision to Blacklist Hezbollah's Military Wing
Israel’s Justice Minister Tzipi Livni has welcomed EU’s decision to include the military wing of Hezbollah in its list of terrorist organizations.
Writing on her Facebook, Livni said that after years of struggle, debate and deliberation, the EU finally made the right decision.
"Finally...after attempts to argue that they were also a political party which whitewashes their terrorist activities," Livni said, as cited by The Jerusalem Post.
In an interview with The Guardian earlier on Monday, Livni lauded the separation of Hezbollah as a political and military entity, stating: "A firm distinction between legitimate political parties and terrorist organisations is crucial for the survival of freedom, democracy and moderation."
EU's Foreign Affairs Council decided on Monday to put the armed wing of Hezbollah on the EU's list of terrorist organizations.
The decision comes one year after the July 18 tragic incident at the Sarafovo airport, which killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and the perpetrator of the attack.
In February 2013, Bulgaria's then-Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov, suggested that the evidence collected by the investigating authorities led to a "reasonable assumption" about the involvement of the Lebanese militant group in last year's terror attack at the Burgas airport.
Bulgaria's current Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev made clear recently that additional evidence had been uncovered confirming the initial hypothesis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats