Kate Middleton in Hospital in Labor
Kate Middleton has been admitted to the hospital to give birth Monday morning, a Kensington palace spokesman has informed.
"Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted this morning to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London in the early stages of labor. The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge," the palace said in a statement.
The news comes as the entire world is eagerly anticipating the country's royal baby a week past the mother's due date, which was July 13.
Prince William and Kate Middleton chose to not know the baby's gender in advance.
Regardless of the gender, however, their firstborn will be third in line to the British throne, after grandfather Prince Charles and father Prince William and could become the 43th monarch of the country.
The British Parliament is changing a 300-year-old law so that the baby will be the heir to the throne, whether it's a boy or girl. The legislation is yet to be ratified.
The reigning Queen Elizabeth II was only eligible to rule because her father had no male children.
Elizabeth has been on the throne 61 years. This baby will be the queen's third great-grandchild.
Princess Diana also gave birth to William and Harry in the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington.
The formal birth announcement will come after the queen, royal family and Middletons have heard the good news, royal sources, quoted by ABS, say.
William is currently using his vacation time from being a helicopter rescue pilot while awaiting the baby's birth.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform