Bulgarian Patriarch to Meet with Putin during 1st Trip Abroad
The first visit abroad of the new Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit will be in Moscow, the Bulgarian Orthodox Church informs.
The Patriarch is to lead a delegation which will take part in the celebrations of the 1025th anniversary of the converting of Russia to Christianity, the so-called "Baptism of Russia."
The delegation will be in Moscow between July 23 and 30. The invitation has been extended by the Moscow Patriarchy.
During the visit, Neofit will meet with Russian Patriarch Kiril and the Presidents of Russia, Vladimir Putin, and of the Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych. He will take part in the liturgy in the "Christ the Savior" church in the Russian capital and in the following reception.
The Bulgarian Patriarch will also participate in a solemn liturgy and prayer in Kiev.
After Patriarch Maxim passed away in November 2012, on February 24, 2013, Ruse Metropolitan Neofit was elected Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church by the Holy Synod's national church council.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Survey: More Bulgarians are Satisfied with their Standard of Living Now compared to 2018
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 145 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Why Elon Musk and Elden Ring Could Boost Tourism in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik