Key Center-Right MP to Quit Bulgarian Parliament
Iskra Fidosova, a key lawmaker from Bulgaria’s opposition center-right GERB party, had decided to leave Parliament and quit her membership in the party’s executive committee.
Fidosova, who has noted that she would remain a member of the party, has explained that she wants to “clear her name” after allegations emerged that she secretly gave orders to Filip Zlatanov, Chair of Bulgaria's Commission on Prevention and Ascertainment of Conflict of Interest, during GERB’s term in power.
In a statement, Fidosova has maintained her innocence.
“In my work so far, I have been always guided by the law and I will not accept my name – or the name of the party – being abused,” she declared.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend