Amvrosiy Becomes Varna Interim Metropolitan
Dorostol metropolitan Amvrosiy has been appointed interim metropolitan of Varna and Veliki Preslav.
The decision was made Thursday by the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
Initially, the Holy Synod elected at the post Vratsa metropolitan Kalinik.
Kalinik himself decided to withdraw after a meeting with the priests in Varna, but firmly denied reports he had ordered an immediate audit of the Bishopric, saying he only asked for an inventory.
Varna Metropolitan Kiril's body was discovered on a beach in the exurban area of Trakata near the Black Sea city last week. The cause of death was reported as drowning, but many still suspect foul play as Kiril led a controversial life.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Officially: The Population of Bulgaria is just over 6.5 million
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: No Deaths in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Siren Test Today – Don’t be Alarmed!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours