Estonia Plays Down US Spying, Says EU Overreacted
Europeans have overreacted to allegations that the United States had been spying on them, the president of cyber-savvy Estonia said in an interview.
"I could understand such condemnation from European countries that are lily white virgins and not themselves involved in these kinds of activities," Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves told Estonia's leading Postimees daily.
"But it is very hard to understand the criticism when you know how some big European states have acted in a similar way," he said, pointing to recent revelations of German, French and British surveillance programmes.
Ilves has flatly denied that Estonia is involved in any cyber snooping.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 11,200 Dead from the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, Damascus asked for Help from the EU
- » Day 350 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden confirmed that US will Stand with Ukraine “As Long As It Takes”
- » 2023 Serbia - Kosovo: Normalization of Relations – Imperative
- » In his State of the Union Address, Biden called for Unity
- » The Death Toll from the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria exceeded 8,100 people
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved