Sofia Courthouse Lion Painted as Clown
One of the two lions in front of the main courthouse in the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been painted overnight as a clown.
During evening 28th of the anti-government protests, an unknown artist has painted the bronze lion sculpture in the national colors and with a red clown nose. The sign at the bottom reads "20 Years of Circus."
The protests against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski, have been accompanied by rallies against corruption in the judiciary and the unfinished judicial reform.
In December 2012, the courthouse was attacked by a shower of tomatoes.
The building houses several Courts, including the Supreme Court of Cassations and the Supreme Prosecutor's Office of Cassations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators
- » 19 Canceled Flights between Bulgaria and Germany due to the Strike at German airports
- » Bulgaria: Bomb Signals were received in 10 Schools in Sofia and 15 in Burgas
- » Bulgarian Sheep Breeders: Lamb for Easter will be between BGN 25 and BGN 29 per kilogram
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 40 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening