France Throws Weight Behind Romania's Schengen Bid
French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault has declared his country’s support for Romania’s phased-in Schengen Agreement accession.
“France has always been open to Romania’s Schengen entry,” Ayrault declared during his official visit to the Balkan country, according to the Focus news agency.
France believes that Romania’s Schengen accession should take place in two phases.
The European Commission has considered Bulgaria and Romania ready to join the Schengen borderless area since 2010, but their bid has been blocked by a number of older EU members on the grounds of poor border controls, corruption and lack of progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria