Haskovo Bus Co Involved in Deadly Bus Crash in Ukraine
The Bulgarian company, owner of the bus involved in a deadly head-on collision in the Ukraine, is named Magi Tour and is based in the southern city of Haskovo.
The Bulgarian Economy and Energy Ministry is probing the company and the incident.
Magi Tour is registered and licensed to conduct business in the tourism sector. It has all required documents, the check already established.
Experts from the Ministry are fully prepared to offer assistance to Bulgarian and Ukrainian authorities, if necessary. The probe is ongoing
Eight people died in the crash. Both Bulgarian drivers on the bus with Bulgarian license plates are among the fatalities.
The Bulgarian-owned coach bus collided head-on with another bus around 7:40 am Thursday near the town of Kovel, Volinska region, in the Ukraine.
It was reported earlier that it had 50 passengers onboard (40 adults and 10 children), all from Belarus. The latest information is that the passengers were mostly children traveling to a camp in the Bulgarian summer resort "Sunny Beach."
The number of the injured, most of whom seriously, has been updated to 27 from the previous 22.
The Bulgarian Embassy in Kiev is in constant touch with the Ukrainian authorities and is providing assistance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 108 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas