Bulgarian Socialist Chief Becomes Proud Father of Boy
The leader of the European Socialists, Bulgarian Socialists and former Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev, became a proud father of a boy.
"My son was born yesterday. His mom and I decided to name him Georgi. I want to thank everyone for the congratulations," Stanishev wrote on his Facebook wall Thursday.
The newborn is named after his brother, architect Georgi Stanishev.
Meanwhile, also on Thursday, the Members of the Parliament met him with greetings about the family joy.
Stanishev tied the knot with girlfriend Monika Yanova on May 19, exactly a week after the May 12 snap general elections.
The couple already has a daughter, Daria. Daria (meaning gift) was born on May 1, 2011, celebrated by the Socialists as Labor Day.
The Socialist leader had initially planned to marry Monika in the spring, but the early elections have forced him to move the date, he admitted in a TV interview.
The couple has first shared their decision with Monika's two other children from a previous marriage to banker Ventsislav Yosifov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Top 5 Most Useful Apps for Travelling Internationally
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash