Czech Prosecutors Want Ex-PM Necas Stripped of Immunity
Czech prosecutors have asked the lower house of Parliament to lift the immunity of former Prime Minister Petr Necas, as he may face criminal charges.
It is yet to be revealed what the intended charges are.
Necas's closest aide, Jana Nagyova, was accused of offering three parliamentary deputies posts in state companies in return for dropping a rebellion against him last year, international media remind.
Earlier in June, Necas formally stepped down in an effort to end political turmoil over a corruption inquiry.
The resignation follows a corruption and spying scandal that has dominated headlines in the country.
The scandal with a spectacular police raid on June 13, involving 400 officers, many of them masked, searching the government offices on the banks of the Vltava River as well as 30 other buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Ammunition Incinerates Russian Infantry in Close Combat
- » The EU to give additional €6.5 Million to Turkey and Syria
- » Macedonians believe that Serbia is their Best Friend and Bulgaria their Greatest Enemy
- » A Military Parade displayed a Record Number of Ballistic Missiles in North Korea
- » Over 15,000 are now the Confirmed Deaths of the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » More than 11,200 Dead from the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, Damascus asked for Help from the EU