Bulgaria's Varna to Choose Mayor
Saturday is the so-called "day of reflection" ahead of Sunday's runoff at mayor elections in Bulgaria's third-largest city, Varna.
Sunday's vote will face Bulgarian Socialist Party backed vice-mayor Hristo Bozov, against former Bulgarian ruling party GERB candidate Ivan Portnih.
Turnout was exceedingly low - only 25% of Varna's 290,000 voters went to the polls.
The Varna rallies triggered Bulgaria's January and Feburary 2013 protests that led to the resignation of then-PM Boyko Borisov and calling of early elections May 12.
They also tragically included a number of fatal self-immolations, many of them due to poverty and personal distress.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.