Fresh Rally against New Governor Staged in Blagoevgrad
Although smaller in size, the protest in front of the District Administration in Bulgaria's southwestern city of Blagoevgrad continued on Tuesday.
The protesters oppose the appointment of Musa Palev from the predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedom, DPS, for Regional Governor.
Members of the nationalist party Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization, VMRO-Blagoevgrad say they have prepared documentation concerning the work of the governor, which they intended to present at meetings with representatives of diplomatic missions in Sofia.
Representatives of VMRO vowed that they will flow to the protest against the government in Sofia on Wednesday.
So far, nearly 5 000 signatures for Palev's resignation have been collected from residents of Blagoevgrad and the area.
Protesters agreed that having a DPS representative for a governor of Blagoevgrad was unacceptable.
The southwestern resort town of Sandanski is organizing Monday its first own protest against the appointment.
Palev was firm he was not going to resign as people had nothing against him, except his ethnicity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend