US Warns Russia, China over Snowden
US Secretary of State John Kerry has said it would be "disappointing" if Russia and China had helped Edward Snowden evade US attempts to extradite him from Hong Kong.
Kerry said there would inevitably be "consequences" to such a move.
Kerry urged Moscow to "live by the standards of the law because that's in the interests of everybody".
"In the last two years we have transferred seven prisoners to Russia that they wanted so I think reciprocity and the enforcement of the law is pretty important," he said, as cited by the BBC.
Snowden, a former US intelligence contractor wanted by the United States for revealing a highly classified surveillance program, left Hong Kong on a Moscow-bound plane on Sunday, a day after the United States formally requested his extradition.
Ecuador’s foreign minister confirmed on Sunday on Twitter that Snowden had requested asylum in Ecuador.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Majority of the Bulgarian Community in Zaporizhzhia is under Occupation
- » Day 471 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is waging a Counteroffensive on at least 3 Fronts
- » Member States agreed on "Fair Distribution" of Refugees and Migrants in the EU
- » Charges have been Filed against former US President Donald Trump
- » Turkey is preparing to take command of NATO forces in Kosovo
- » The Eurozone was in Recession in the First Quarter of 2023