Greek Police Bust Drug Ring with Bulgarian Leaders
Police in Thessaly, central Greece, has busted an international criminal ring, which allegedly imported drugs from Albania, Turkey and Bulgaria.
The drugs were subsequently distributed throughout Greece, the online edition of the Greek newspaper Kathimerini reported, citing a statement by the police.
Following police operations conducted in Trikala, Thessaloniki, Kozani, Katerini and Kastoria, police officers made 25 arrests -- 23 of those arrested were suspected of being members of the ring.
The large-scale operation was carried out on Monday by over 60 officers.
According to reports police have identified three of the ring’s alleged five leaders: a 51-year-old Greek who was arrested on Monday, a 38-year-old Bulgarian national currently in prison as well as a 38-year-old Bulgarian still at large.
Police estimated that the ring had so far distributed 18 kilos of heroin at an estimated street value of over 2 million euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros