Bulgaria's Petar Stoychev to Return to Marathon Swimming
Bulgarian star marathon swimmer Petar Stoychev, who recently spent two months in office as caretaker Minister of Sport, has announced plans to resume sports career.
Stoychev, as cited by dnevnik.bg, explained he wanted to be in good shape by the beginning of next year.
"I have already started training. I want to get back in shape over the next 7-8 months, as far as this is possible," Stoychev was quoted as saying in an interview for TV7.
He made clear that he was going to skip the FINA World Championships 2013 in Barcelona "for obvious reasons," adding that he intended to get back in shape in order to take part in a number of prestigious international competitions in 2014.
Petar Stoychev has 11 consecutive wins of major international open water marathon swimming FINA series in the period 2001-2011.
He became European Champion in the 25 km open water swimming championship in September 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria
- » What Makes Online Sportsbooks Appealing
- » Stoichkov: Thank you, King, Rest in Peace!