Blast Hits Chemical Plant in Louisiana, Injuries Reported
A chemical plant in the US state of Louisiana has been hit by a large explosion, according to officials.
The blast happened at the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, south of Baton Rouge.
The Iberville Office of Emergency Preparedness said it received reports of seven injuries from the plant explosion, CNN informs.
No casualties have been reported so far.
A Louisiana State Police dispatcher told CNN that authorities were evacuating the area around the plant.
The plant produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer-grade propylene each year, according to the company's website.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia
- » Day 338 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Nuclear Regulator reported Strong Explosions near the Zaporizhzhia NPP (UPDATED)
- » EU Commissioner Rejected the Idea of Financing a Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border