Bulgaria Awaits New Vice-Mins, Regional Governnors by End of Week
Vice-ministers in Bulgaria's new cabinet, as well as governors of Bulgaria's 28 regions, are expected to be appointed by the end of the week, stated PM Plamen Oresharski Wednesday.
Both vice-ministers and regional governors in Bulgaria are appointed by the country's PM.
According to information held by Dnevnik.bg, 7 of the likely vice-ministers have served in the same position in the tripartite coalition cabinet in office 2005-9.
The tri-partite coalition cabinet among the Bulgarian Socialist Party, the liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms and the National Movement for Stability and Prosperity was chaired by socialist leader Sergey Stanishev.
Current PM Plamen Oresharski served as Stanishev's Minister of Finance.
Although not the product of a coalition agreement, the Oresharski cabinet was elected with the votes of the Socialists and MRF in Parliament.
The seven appointments likely to be identical to the Stanishev cabinet quoted by Dnevnik.bg are as follows:
Todor Churov - Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs;
Anna Georgieva - Vice-Minister of Economy and Energy;
Nedjmi Ali - Vice-Minister of Defense;
Chavdar Georgiev - Vice-Minister of Environment;
Byurhan Abazov - Vice-Minister of Agriculture;
Lazar Lazarov and Svetlana Dyankova - Vice-Ministers of Labor and Social Affairs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend