Banderas Praises Professionalism of Bulgarian Filmmakers
Antonio Banderas has lauded the professionalism of Bulgarian filmmakers, saying they are comparable to their Hollywood colleagues.
Banderas, who is currently directing sci-fi thriller “Automata” in Bulgaria, attended the official opening of the 20th edition of the Spanish and Ibero-American cinema week in Sofia.
The prominent actor held a speech during the opening ceremony, highlighting the pressing challenges ahead of the European cinema.
“It is very important for all of us working in movie making to be united, since cinema is experiencing very difficult moments now,” Banderas said, as cited by local media.
He stated that piracy and the tough competition by Hollywood are some of the main challenges European cinema is facing.
Banderas confirmed that he is to play Pablo Picasso in an upcoming movie.
He also revealed that he would star in a movie dedicated to the 33 Chilean miners trapped underground for 69 days three years ago.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June