Green Belt to Encircle Suhodol Landfill near Sofia
A green belt of linden and acacia trees is to be planted around the Suhodol landfill under an EU-funded project, according to a report of Maria Boyadzhiyska, Deputy Sofia Mayor in charge of ecology.
The report is to be discussed by the Sofia Municipal Council on Thursday, according to reports of mediapool.bg.
The plan envisages a green belt of 33 ha in the northeastern side of the landfill.
The green belt project will seek funding under Measure 223 of the Rural Development Program.
In order to secure the approval of the project, Sofia municipal councilors will have to convert the municipal terrains from pastures into abandoned agricultural land.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm this Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny in the Morning, in the Afternoon - some Rainfall
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cooling of Temperatures and Rainfall over the Weekend