2nd Protest in Sofia Blocks Traffic in Front of Parliament
A new anti-government protest in Sofia has assembled at the Tsar Osvoboditel Sq in central Sofia, blocking the traffic in front of Parliament.
The some 400 gathered are shouting slogans such as "Resignation!" and "Out with Oresharski."
They are targeting Bulgaria's new cabinet, chaired by PM Plamen Oresharski, which was approved by Parliament only Wednesday.
The protest rally was organized on Facebook and is not related to a political party.
An earlier rally, organized by small parties National Front for the Salvation of Bulgaria and Order, Law and Justice (RZS) also called for the cancellation of May 12 election results.
According to protesters, both the parliament and the cabinet it elected are illegitimate and do not represent the will of the people.
Ralliers are also carrying signs and chanting slogans against the Bulgarian Socialist Party and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, the two parties who formed and voted for the Oresharski cabinet in parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev